I’m beginning to realize I’m not as young as I think I am. Here are my…
Top 10 Signs That I’m Getting Older
1) I curse my teenage self for habitually cracking my knuckles. I swear that’s the reason my hands look like they belong to an octogenarian.
2) Wii games baffle me. Why can’t video games be as simple as the original Nintendo’s Tetris and The Legend of Zelda?
3) I ooh and aah over Volvo station wagons instead of shiny red sports cars with manual transmissions.
4) I can’t watch my wedding video because I no longer own a VCR.
5) I catch myself saying things like, “Because I said so” and “Close that door…we’re not paying to air condition the entire neighborhood.”
6) I have no idea what my natural hair color is. And I’m too scared to find out.
7) On the rare occasion I go to a bar, I go during Happy Hour. I’m back home and lounging in my jammies long before the bouncers start collecting cover charges.
8) My magazine subscriptions switched from Glamour and Cosmo to Parents and Real Simple.
9) I haven’t the slightest clue who Heidi Montag is or why her boobs make national news.
10) Instead of wishing I was a grown-up, I wonder when I became one.