As I write this, I’m sitting on a Caribbean island, wearing a string bikini, listening to the clear blue waves crash, and drinking a fruity beverage. The kids are home with their grandparents, and my husband and I are making up for lost time, celebrating that 10th anniversary he missed a couple of months ago. Life is good. So here are my…
Top 10 Reasons Why I Feel Like a New Woman
10) Airport security lines aren’t nearly as daunting when you’re not traveling with a 2-year-old and her full bladder.
9) Food tastes so much better when someone else is cooking it.
8) Not much is more relaxing than sitting in a hot tub at night when everything is pitch black except for the changing colors of the jacuzzi’s inside lights.
7) All inclusive resorts really are ALL inclusive!
6) I’ve been reunited with the rejuvinating powers of uninterrupted nights of sleep and midday naps.
5) After months of reading a page here and a page there, I am actually going to finish The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Not to mention the fact that I read an entire magazine in one day.
4) It really is ok to have your first alcoholic beverage before noon.
3) The only to-do list I have right now includes eating, sleeping, reading, drinking, and swimming.
2) It’s been days since I heard the word MOMMY.
1) My husband is home safe and sound, and I finally feel like a wife again.
What are you doing this week to pamper yourself?