It’s been quite a transition for me going back to work. And one of those transitions is learning how to stop being a teacher once I come home and have to be a mom. Here are my…
Top 10 Signs I Need to Take
My Teacher Hat Off Before
I Come Home From Work
10) I read multiple children’s books every day, but I can’t remember the last time I picked up a grown-up book.
9) I speak to Big C and Little C in my teacher voice.
8) I’ve considered keeping my son up past his bedtime so he can help me assemble projects for my students.
7) I’m so used to scarfing down my lunch while grading papers that I no longer know how to enjoy a leisurely meal.
6) While trying to coax my children to clean up their toys the other day, I threatened to take away their recess.
5) I almost drew a smiley face on Big C’s homework after I checked it.
4) I now say things like “criss-cross applesauce,” “1-2-3, eyes on me,” and “put a bubble in your mouth” at home.
3) My kids were misbehaving at meal time, and I enforced a silent dinner.
2) When addressing both of my children, I find myself calling them “boys and girls.”
1) I actually quoted a children’s book when commenting on a friend’s Facebook page.
What transitions are you trying to adjust to?