This week’s host for Mil Spouse Weekly Roundup #20 is Kathryn over at Singing Through the Rain. Make sure you link up one of your posts from this week at her blog!
1. What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time? I believe people say a lot about themselves without ever saying a word. When I first meet someone, I can tell a lot about their personalities by the strength of their handshakes, the sincerity of their smiles (if there is a smile), and the presence or absence of eye contact. So it doesn’t take long for me to know what I want to know about a new acquaintance.
2. Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised? I like learning as we go. We’ve been married for over 10 years, and I still feel like I’m finding out more about him. I think it keeps the marriage fresh. Can you imagine knowing everything about a man after the first date and that’s it? Life would be way too boring and predictable.
3. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live? Based on all the cities I’ve previously lived in, I would say Greenville, South Carolina. Based on all the cities I’ve visited, maybe Roanoke, Virginia. I’m definitely a Yankee turned Southern Girl.
4. When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take? Reading material. I read when my husband is driving. I read when I’m on an airplane. I read at the beach. I read in hotel rooms. I read before bed. Heck, I can’t even sit at the bus stop without a magazine. So you won’t catch me on a trip without something to read.
5. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself.(This one is harder than it sounds!)FemaleBlondeMotherMilSpouseWriterTeacherRunnerScatterbrainFriendSmiler