It’s another Friday and another Mil Spouse Weekly Roundup!
Make sure you link up one of your posts with this week’s hostess, Katie over at Like Sunshine After Rain! And it’s time for Wife of a Sailor’s Mil Spouse Friday Fill-In! This week’s questions are…
1. If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?Quirky independent films.
2. What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?Whatever beautiful, secluded, exotic island my husband and I could find, with a room overlooking an expanse of clear water and our own personal hot tub, a massage therapist on call 24/7, and room service that includes a lot of lobster and endless wine.
3. Did you have pets growing up?My first pet was a guinea pig named Gus. When I was 8, we got a Great Dane, one of the dumbest yet kindest dogs. He was awesome! I’ll never forget using him to do a photo how-to report in the 5th grade: how to take care of a pet. I still have those pictures of me walking him and brushing him and shaking his paw.
4. What do you do for exercise?Anything I can these days! But mostly running. Before I went back to work, I took spinning classes, but now I can’t find one that fits into my schedule. I also swim, but it’s been awhile. Who the heck wants to put on a Speedo when it’s 30 degrees outside? When I’m desperate, I do my Wii Fit or maybe an old Denise Austin bootcamp DVD.
5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?It’s not so much advice as a quote: “You don’t know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” I think of that quote whenever someone asks me how I do it, how I deal with deployments and PCS’es and single parenting. Over the years, I’ve learned a whole lot about my own reserves of strength.