If you’re anything like me, your life completely changes when your husband is deployed. You follow your own routines, and you develop your own coping mechanisms to try to keep your love alive while simultaneously trying to keep your heart from breaking. We have to do whatever we can to make our lives a little bit easier and to find happiness hidden beneath the loneliness. Over the years, I’ve developed certain behaviors that make me feel a little bit better about Mr. Roller Coaster being gone. Here are my…
Top 10 List of My Deployment Behaviors
10) I dab myself with his aftershave.
9) I move all favorite girly movies to the top of my Netflix queue.
8) I sleep on his side of the bed and hug his pillow.
7) I invite my son to have sleepovers with me every Friday. (Then I can hug him instead of the pillow).
6) I pull out my collection of “He’s on a trip” recipes and cook all the meals that I love and he won’t eat.
5) I wear his clothes when I’m sitting around the house.
4) I leave clean laundry sitting on our guest bed instead of hanging the clothes in their closets because no one is there to complain about my poor housekeeping skills.
3) I sniff his shirts I pulled out of the hamper right before he left.
2) I talk to Mr. Roller Coaster as if he’s right there in the room with me.
1) I take my cell phone with me everywhere, including the bathroom.
Am I a total weirdo or do you do some of these things too? What are some of YOUR deployment behaviors?