We all lead busy lives. We all have extensive To Do lists. We all have things we’d like to do if we had just one extra hour added to our day. And if you’re a mom like me, you know that most of those things require the absence of our children. So here’s my…
Top 10 Things I’d Do If I Had 1 Extra Child-Free Hour a Day
9) Call friends I’ve been neglecting and enjoy talking on the phone without the interruption of screaming children who decide they are suddenly deprived of attention
8) Sit in my backyard on a sunny day, doing nothing but listening to my iPod and staring at the blue sky
7) Watch the television shows recorded on my DVR that is now at 94% capacity.
6) Get a weekly massage
5) Read the growing stack of books sitting on my nightstand
4) Write a novel
3) Indulge in some retail therapy without having to constantly grab my daughter’s foot as she crawls under the partition into the next dressing room
2) Write my husband a daily letter
1) NOT clean my house. NOT cook. NOT wash dishes. NOT fold laundry. NOT return emails. NOT Tweet. NOT Facebook. And definitely NOT look at that extensive To Do list.
What tops your list?