Last year I wrote a top 10 list of my favorite status updates on Facebook. It was pretty funny scrolling through months of status updates and reading friends’ comments as I collected my favorites for the list. Because I had so much fun the first time, I thought I’d throw together a sequel. So here are my…
Top 10 Favorite Roller Coaster Facebook Status Updates Part II
10) I just caught my 4-year-old PAINTING the slap watch my husband gave her. “You can’t paint a watch!” I said as I grabbed it from her and washed the paint off. “But I wanted a different colored watch.” Can’t fault the girl for using creative problem solving skills.
9) Just swam laps for the 1st time in almost 2 years. Lessons learned: swim caps melt together when they sit unused in your gym bag for 2 years, Speedos hide nothing, and waterproof mascara is a wise investment.
8) Whenever our family goes on a road trip, I instruct my kids to pack a backpack of toys and books that will occupy themselves both in the car and at our destination. We just got back from a road trip, and as I unpack my 4-year-old daughter’s backpack, I’m wondering what her thought process was when she chose her items. I just pulled out a Hawaiian lei, a Batman eraser, her soccer medal, a windchime, a pad of Post It notes, and my Riding the Roller Coaster business card. Yes, I have a very interesting little girl.
7) The first school day after a holiday is always interesting. Half my students were falling asleep, the other half were hyper. Unfortunately I was on Team Sleepy. And now I’m on Team Headache. But no worries, in a couple of hours I’ll be on Team Pinot Grigio.
6) Do you ever read one of your old blog posts and think, “Wow, I wrote that? That’s good stuff.”??? Just read something I wrote a year ago but don’t remember writing. I have to say I entertained myself.
5) “Mom, there’s blood on your bed!….Oh my gosh, Gunner lost a tooth!…No wait a minute that’s MY tooth!…Gunner knocked my tooth out!…The tooth fairy is coming tonight!…Thanks Gunner!” I love those moments in my kids’ lives that are defined by exclamation points.
4) I said I wasn’t going to do New Year’s Resolutions this year after failing miserably on last year’s list. But I keep catching myself thinking of all the things I want to do in 2012. Maybe I just need a name change to get over that mental block. Instead of “New Year’s Resolutions” maybe I should change it to a more forgiving “Things I Want to Accomplish, But It’s Ok If I Don’t List” or maybe the tough love “Get Off Your Ass and Get Going List” or maybe just the simple “RC’s List of Stuff.” I’ll let you know in 365 days which one worked.
3) I told my kids to clean up their snacks 3 times. “I sound like a broken record!” I said in frustration. Big C looked at me sideways and asked, “What’s a broken record?” Oh how old I feel.
2) I’m downstairs. Mr. RC is upstairs. We’re texting each other. You know you’re lazy when…
1) I love that I started a discussion on my FB page about iron deficiency and blood donation and it led to a discussion about talking to strippers about their maternity leave policy. I love my Facebook friends.
What are some memorable Facebook status updates you’ve written or read?